TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ COBAR
RocksExpo 2-PD Introducing Our Dynamic Planet: Rocks (the Rock Kit Teaching Pack) & Plate Tectonics
This PD is two for one!
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit)
- Plate Tectonics
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Accreditation – Australian Science Teacher Association (ASTA) PD workshop accreditation.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
7. Excursions – possible second-year trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenter: Phil Gilmore is a keen ore geologist, who has worked in industry and in government. His work in several states gives him many exciting rock, ore and fossil examples to share.
Location: Cobar High School, Wetherell Cres, Cobar
Meeting Room: tbc (attendees, to go to front office, sign in & get directed to the meeting room)
Date: Tue 6 Dec 2022,
3:30pm – 4:15pm – Rocks
4:15pm – 4:30pm – Supper
4:30 – 6:00pm – Plate Tectonics
School Facilitator: Lena Fennamore