TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ EDENHOPE
RocksExpo 2-PD Introducing Our Dynamic Planet: Our Place in Space (Mars landform comparisons, effects of planets/Sun on Earth) & Wet Rocks (groundwater/artesian basin systems, porosity-permeability exercises)
This PD is two for one!
- Our Place in Space
- Wet Rocks
School: St Malachy’s School, 34 Lake St, Edenhope
Meeting Room: front office (for directions)
Date: Tue 25 Oct 2022
3:30pm – 4:45pm – Our Place in Space
4:45pm – 5:00pm – Supper
5:00 – 6:15pm – Wet Rocks
School Facilitator: Sherryn Simpson
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
7. Excursions – possible trip to local field outcrops (dev a guide for teachers) – on request
Presenter: Rob Kirk is a keen palaeontologist geologist, who has worked in industry around the world. His work in several states gives him many exciting rock and fossil examples to share.
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).