TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ KEW
RocksExpo 2-PD Introducing Our Dynamic Planet: Rocks (the Rock Kit Teaching Pack) & Plate Tectonics
This PD is two for one!
- Plate Tectonics
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
7. Excursions – possible local trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenter: Philip Sansom, Tas coordinator for TESEP, is an experienced school teachers who has also worked in industry. His work in several states gives him local/regional rock stories to share.
Location: Trinity Grammar School, 40 Charles St, Kew
Meeting Room: tbc (attendees, to go to front office, sign in & get directed to the meeting room)
Date: Mon 7 November 2022,
3:30pm – 4:45pm – Rocks
4:45pm – 5:00pm – Supper
5:00pm – 6:45pm – Plate Tectonics
School Facilitator: Kevin Christofelszk
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).