TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – Introducing Our Dynamic Planet @ Lithgow
RocksExpo 2-PD Introducing Our Dynamic Planet @ Lithgow
2-PD Critical Minerals- Renewable Energy (electric cars, magnets for wind turbines, solar panels, touch screens) & Rocks (Rock Kit Teaching Pack)
Fieldtrip, rocks & structure, Lithgow area, Fri 4 Nov 8:00 – 9:30am, tbc
This PD is two for one!
- Critical Minerals- Renewable Energy plus
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit)
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. ASTA Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series
7. Excursions – possible trip to local field outcrops (dev a guide for teachers) – on request
Presenter: Phil Gilmore is a keen ore geologist, who has worked in industry and in government. He has many exciting rocks, ores, minerals and exploration rock stories to share.
Location: Held on site in Lab I 13 (meet at front office), Lithgow High School, 1A Pau St, Lithgow
Date: Wed 2 Nov 2022
3:45pm – 5:30pm – Critical Minerals & Renewable Energy
5:45 – 6:30pm – Rock Stories (& How to Use the TESEP Rock Kit 3D renders, virtual thin sections, Rock Stories, virtual fieldtrip exposures) after supper.
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).