TESEP Primary Teacher PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ NYNGAN/HERMIDALE
Professional Development Workshop Series in Earth and Environmental Science
Rocks (Rock Kit Teaching Pack), Natural Hazards & Volcanoes
This PD is two for one!
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit)
- Natural Hazards and Volcanoes
The RocksExpo experience includes:
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – professional development workshops for teachers (introducing teaching resources for the primary school classroom, FREE to primary school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
5. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
6. Excursions – possible trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenters: Phil Gilmore has expertise in geological mapping, the history of the Earth and minerals across Australia.
Location: Hermidale Public School, Mouramba St, Hermidale
Meeting Room: Infant Library
Fri 9 Dec 2022 – 3:30pm-6:00pm – PD for Primary School teachers (Nyngan region)
Fri 9 Dec – 7:45am-9:30am or Sat 10 Dec 9am-11am – Fieldtrip (2 sessions) – rock stories of town outcrops with an experienced geologist &/or mine site visit
School Facilitator: Rebekah Harris